Photobox is a lightweight (both the script & CSS are only 7k each) and feature-rich jQuery image gallery modal window script that uses hardware accelerated CSS3 transitions and animations. Here is what this script can do:
- Images can be zoomed in and out with mousewheel and navigated using mousemove to move around
- Bottom row of thumbnails, navigated by mouse movment
- Shows the image’s ‘alt’ or ‘title’ attribute text at the bottom
- Indicate the index of the current viewed image in relation to the total, like so: (36/100)
- Supports looping after first and last images
- Supports keyboard keys for navigation and closing the gallery view
Please note that Photobox will only work on IE9 and above.